Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Small Parrot Pellets Vetafarm. Photo's included.
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 03:36 AM
LynandIndigo (LYN)
Member of the Month June 2014

State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Gallery: 15
LynandIndigo has a reputation beyond reputeLynandIndigo has a reputation beyond reputeLynandIndigo has a reputation beyond reputeLynandIndigo has a reputation beyond reputeLynandIndigo has a reputation beyond reputeLynandIndigo has a reputation beyond reputeLynandIndigo has a reputation beyond reputeLynandIndigo has a reputation beyond reputeLynandIndigo has a reputation beyond reputeLynandIndigo has a reputation beyond reputeLynandIndigo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celyia View Post
Lyn, you are just the sweetest woman ever.

A difference of opinions can be really good. It can lead to amazing exchanges of information that enrich our community and can keep us learning new things, especially when we have a lot of respect for a person who disagrees with us.

For instance, Kate's post made me double check with one of my avian vets today about whether pellets would interfere with medication. (Both Lyta and Tally are at the vet: Lyta's very ill and has been there for several days. Tally was going to simply have a check-up today, but my MIL had an emergency appointment that preempted ours so they could put her 15 year old cat down. We told them they could keep Tally over night so they could concentrate on my poor MIL) Doc was very happy that my babies already get pellets as she felt it would be very helpful for my little girls who have both experienced long-term malnutrition, but she seemed to really appreciate my questions about a potential conflict with medication. (Thanks, Kate! You made me look so much smarter. )

Look, you have a lot of experience with your birds, Lyn, and from what I've seen, Indi is an incredibly happy and healthy budgie with an amazing amount of love for you. I'm really glad you took the time to explain how you keep him healthy.
Celyia Thank you so much you are a sweetheart.... I am learning all of the time with my budgie... The product I am using I am not sure about the pellets I am using I put them in a separate container in his cage with a very small amount of pellets in the dish..another container for his seed separate.... I have put a small amount of pellets in the separate container... I don't really like them. The avian vet said to give them to him...I am going to ring the breeder where I got mine from to to see if they are safe or not but they haven't hurt him yet he only nibbles say one or two a week but he loves his seed the best..... I'll let you know tomorrow what he says.... I want the best for Indi as I love him so much... I'd be heart broken if anything happened to him.... I am only to happy to share and explain how to look after my budgie.... Indi is so happy..... Kate has changed my mind about pellets to... If my breeder says take them out I will...... I'll take to Kate about it later.... Yes I do know most things about my budgie but since I joined here I have learned so much....

Last edited by LynandIndigo; 08-23-2015 at 03:43 AM.