Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - A Trek into the Wilderness...
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 10:48 PM
StarlingWings
Super Moderator // MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2015

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 0
StarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond repute
Default A Trek into the Wilderness...

Well, I haven't been around as much lately--School has started and it's hectic!

I wanted to take a moment to give you (and myself) a small visit to the Rocky Mountains, which we live 45 min. away from

Enjoy!

First, we stop at my favorite coffee shop: Coffee on the Rocks, which looks out at a beautiful lake full of ducklings and fresh mountain air. The cobblestone paths are sprinkled with colourful wildflowers, and there is no sound but that of a breeze in the pines and aspens.

After a breakfast of hot chai tea and an breakfast sandwich on ciabatta, we walk over to the adjacent rock shop, which is surrounded by flowers and beautiful crystals. There is a small garden of petrified wood which has accumulated small microclimates:

Inside, there are dimly-lit geodes and exotic rocks that shimmer when you pass by.

After the stop at the glittering rock shop, we take a short ride deep into the mountains, where we can hike up to some beautiful waterfalls and refreshing spots for a picnic.

As you hike back to your car in the late afternoon, a patch of red berries catches your eye...

I hope this relaxed you a bit during this busy time! Thank you for watching

~StarlingWings~
and Princess Mallorn!
Thank you to Deb for her wonderful Faery magic