Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - My Cody boy is gone
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 09:26 PM
jrook (judy)
Member of the Month August 2015
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Enthusiast
Gallery: 0
jrook has a reputation beyond reputejrook has a reputation beyond reputejrook has a reputation beyond reputejrook has a reputation beyond reputejrook has a reputation beyond reputejrook has a reputation beyond reputejrook has a reputation beyond reputejrook has a reputation beyond reputejrook has a reputation beyond reputejrook has a reputation beyond reputejrook has a reputation beyond repute
Default My Cody boy is gone

Today was a normal day for us.. normal until about 5 pm when I was doing evening bird stuff (fresh water, changing paper on bottom of cages).. my boys were out of their cages as usual. When I start this routine, they know it's time to come in. Cody wasn't there and he is always the first to come in. We all 3 looked and moved furniture, etc. We found him on the ground on his side. Sadly, in our panic to find him, we left the door open to the bird room. I will never ever forgive myself for what happened next. My daughter's dog Waylon rushed in and grabbed Cody. I'll never know if he was gone before that moment.
I love my Cody boy. He was the first.. Without him, none of the others would be with me. I can't believe it.
He was the sweetest and kindest of all my flock and he fussed about the rest of them all the time. He was the 'mentor' to the babies and to Ivan. I think they and Lemony are sad already.
I look at the cage with all the ramps and bridges for Cody... I can't believe it.
(I don't know how old he was.. not old enough)