Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Rest in peace Batik.
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2015, 02:51 PM
Litzah

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Gallery: 0
Litzah is on a distinguished road
Default Rest in peace Batik.

Hello everybody

I have known about this forum for a while and have often come and checked what people had to say about taking good care of their budgie. I was sure I would post someday but took my time, since Batik was quite young. Unfortunately, death beat me to it, and my budgie passed away this evening. :.(

Batik was born on 5th. September 2014, and he came to live with me in mid-October 2014. Soon, he got used to living with me. He was fully flighted, and would live in my apartment with me. In fact, he would follow me from room to room in my apartment, and he would always try to get involved in whatever I was doing! I am from France but live in Ireland and I speak French, English and Irish. Because I love languages, I proceeded to teach Batik how to speak. Batik never really learned any Irish, but he really took to French. At the time of his death, he knew about 20 full sentences, mostly in French, and fifty other words besides.

Batik was fine this morning. He ate, he drank, we played a little and spent quite a lot of time together. And this evening, he had what looked like a seizure. The breeder who sold Batik to me is a good friend and also a neighbour. I called the breeder and he came in as soon as, but it was too late. Within two minutes, Batik had died! :.(

I knew this bird would not live forever, but I can't believe he died at the age of 1. It seems very unfair, to me, but mostly to him. He had a good life though, even if his life was very short. He will be very sorely missed. :.( Anyway, I felt like talking about him tonight, so if you are, I don't know, online and willing to "talk budgie", you may always reply to this. Feel free to ask me any question about that cracking bird we all knew under the name of Batik. xxxxx :.(
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Batik computer.jpg (34.9 KB, 24 views)