Scooter swinging on his patio

Sparky checking out Skipper and Scooter's cage

Skipper just hanging out

Everybirdie sharing space at Skipooter's house

Thanks for stopping by!
:wave:

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Aww, such a super adorable trio and the new moniker SKIPOOTERKY has a rather...delightful ring to it.:D Such a visual feast to see all 3 together and each of their brilliant colors makes me just wanna lick the screen:p

#4 ·
Aww, such a super adorable trio and the new moniker SKIPOOTERKY has a rather...delightful ring to it.:D
Thanks, Nick --
The boys are doing well together.
I guess Sparky will be joining in on Skipper and Scooter's adventures too.

Awww Sparky looks like he is settling in with Skipper and Scooter sharing a wonderful home with his friends.
Thanks, Lyn
I still have Sparky's cage downstairs near Skipper and Scooter's in case Sparky needs some "alone" time.
Sparky has been alternating sleeping in his own cage at night and sleeping in with Skip & Scoot.
I plan to give them some time before deciding whether one cage is best or whether to continue having both available to them.

Skipper has actually been spending more time with Sparky than with Scooter since Sparky came downstairs.
I'm starting to feel a little bad for Scooter... :(
Having three budgies just isn't the best scenario as one always seems to get left out.

#7 ·
Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures :)
Skipper, Scooter and Sparky are spending their days together now.
It remains to be seen if we will maintain two cages or they ultimately will all reside in one. ;)

Your birds are gorgeous. The lutinos are my favorite so I do have a soft spot for Sparky. Is sparky an English budgie? In some pictures he looks like a regular budgie and in others he looks like an English budgie.
Thank you. Sparky is a 50/50 Dark Eyed Clear.
Being half English and half American explains why he looks one way in some pictures and the other way in the remainder. :giggle:

#9 ·

I'd rather not get another budgie unless it turns out one of my current three is being too left out by the others.

At this point, I have three lovebirds and three budgies.

As you know, Peachy is totally bonded to me and takes a great deal of time and attention. Also, at 12 years old, Kylie is alone now and needs more time, care and attention since he doesn't have Autumn.

I'm taking it a day at a time and hoping the three will work out an arrangement where they all interact and none of them is left out. :D

#14 ·
Thank you, Maurizio. :)

Lovely pictures! I'm very glad Sparky has joined Skipper and Scooter and I hope this new arrangement works well for your boys. :)
Thanks, Ana - I think they are doing well so far. :fingerx:

You are doing a great job with family dynamics, Deb, I think it is really possible
to make three work. With no hens to stir the pot I think the boys are getting past the strong hormones just fine. Such a lovely family. Jo Ann:hug::hug:
Thank you, Jo Ann.
Sunny, Shelby and Sparky always got along just fine when they were together.
The only problem was on a daily basis, one of the three (and it varied as to which one) ended up being left out.

I'm hoping that won't be the case with Skipper, Scooter and Sparky. ;)

Great pictures! It's good to see that Sparky is being accepted and feels comfortable.
Thanks! :p

#20 ·
Thanks, Jen -- I'd love to see Sparky and Ducky together. I think they'd be so adorable next to one another. :eek:

Deb, they are all so beautiful.

I have to say, I just now noticed that Scooter has some violet on his belly, not just blue! :eek:

I'm so glad it seems like they're getting on well and I hope it continues to work out.

Keep us posted, alright? Mallorn says she'd be more than happy to swoop in and spend some quality time with Skipper ;) ;)
Star,
Please tell Mallorn that Skipper would love to have her company.
Yes, both Scooter and Skipper are violet factor budgies. ;)

You are so good at coming up with names -- any suggestions for the Sparky, Skipooter alliance?

Maybe "Skipootspa"....got that foreign race car sound to it...:D
Randy, you're right, it does. Unfortunately, I've been sitting her trying to say it and I think I've only gotten it out properly once -- I keep inserting constants that aren't there! :laughing:

#18 ·
Deb, they are all so beautiful.

I have to say, I just now noticed that Scooter has some violet on his belly, not just blue! :eek:

I'm so glad it seems like they're getting on well and I hope it continues to work out.

Keep us posted, alright? Mallorn says she'd be more than happy to swoop in and spend some quality time with Skipper ;) ;)

#22 ·
Lovely to see the 3 of your boys hanging together - warms my heart!
3 doesn't necessarily mean an awkward dynamic - my 3 have worked out a harmonious relationship, where 2 or 3 come together; or 2 hang out, and the 3rd gets some "me time" - and then they rotate...I know you will notice everything, and arrange everyone accordingly.

#27 ·

Awww, thank you Dee! :hug:

Great photos.. Each time I see photos, I notice more about how gorgeous each of your boys is! (that's an awkward sentence)... At my house, even though I'm down to 2 males and 2 females, PJ seems left out more of the time. Weird!
I bet your guys will adjust and they have a very watchful mama if someone is getting ignored or picked on. ;)
I'm sorry to hear PJ is still getting left out. :( Does he play and seem happy alone?

Is there any chance you could work with PJ on taming/bonding? Perhaps PJ needs you as a close human friend since the other budgies are rather ignoring him. ;)

Oh how sweet!! The Skipooterky (and I LOVE SW's name suggestions :D) are getting along well together!

Haha, I like how Skipper has to make it clear who is the boss budgie :laughing:

Where did you get those AWESOME little swings?!! I want at least one of those!
Thanks, Julie!

Yeah, Skipper wants to think he's the boss but I'm noticing Scooter is stepping more into that role himself lately.
Skipper used to chase Scooter off of me and not it's the other way around. :rolleyes:

The swings are great, aren't they? :proud:

One of the forum members used to make and sell bird toys and I bought them from him.
However he has a lot going on in life right now and isn't making or selling toys at the current time.

When I next talk to him I'll ask if he has any intention in selling again in the future. :)

#25 ·
Great photos.. Each time I see photos, I notice more about how gorgeous each of your boys is! (that's an awkward sentence)... At my house, even though I'm down to 2 males and 2 females, PJ seems left out more of the time. Weird!
I bet your guys will adjust and they have a very watchful mama if someone is getting ignored or picked on. ;)

#26 ·
Oh how sweet!! The Skipooterky (and I LOVE SW's name suggestions :D) are getting along well together! You know, I know someone who has 3 budgies after losing one, and they all 'understand' their place in the flock (2 females and 1 male, one female is dominant) and she keeps them in the same flight cage together without a problem. Yours are all males which is even better, I know it can work.

Haha, I like how Skipper has to make it clear who is the boss budgie :laughing:

Where did you get those AWESOME little swings?!! I want at least one of those!

#31 ·
What lovely photos! It seems like Skipooter are really up to supporting Sparky in his life transition. Also... I love your celebrity couple names! :budge: :budgie: :budge:

On another note-- your Scooter reminds me of my little Kimchi... He hopes to be as handsome as Scooter when he gets a little older!! What mutation is Scooter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.