Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Scaredy Quinn.
Thread: Scaredy Quinn.
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2015, 12:15 AM
feathery (Angie)
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Gallery: 0
feathery is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Scaredy Quinn.

My baby Quinn came home yesterday, but he hasn't moved an inch from his perch. He hasn't been eating, and his poops went from watery green/white to black this morning.

He's less than four months old, and I'm unsure as to whether he's been weaned because the place I got him from was, to say the least, a bit sketchy. He comes from a breeder who probably mistreated him (he was stuffed in a cage with thirty other birds, it was clear the cages were never washed) and I'm worried that he'll have a hard time trusting me when the time comes.

There was a bowl of seed and a bowl of water in the cage, but that was it - I don't even know whether Quinn was eating previously. I know it's still very soon, but I'm so worried about him and I don't want him to be sad. On the other hand, he doesn't flinch away when I put my hand in the cage; he nibbled my finger and put his foot up on it.

Do any of you more experienced budgie owners know of ways to get your budgie to eat or drink? Should I be more concerned or will he be fine?

Last edited by feathery; 10-20-2015 at 06:31 AM. Reason: typo