Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Ideas for outside on the side of the cage play areas?
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2015, 11:52 PM
mekat
Hatchling
State:

Number of Budgies: 1
Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Gallery: 0
mekat will become famous soon enough

Thanks, unfortunately I don't have access to tree branches that would be safe. Everything in the yard area has been subject to pesticides and chemical fertilizer. I am looking for affordable branch sources but if I can't find anything I will just use what I have on hand a combination of rope perches, nightstand and tabletop play gym. I have found an inexpensive source for a climbing net so I may try that or the Kaytee metal play stand that is designed for smaller birds. We have a suspended ceiling so I have also thought about buying hooks that snap on the metal supports and hanging a lot of suspension toys, like boings, hanging gyms etc. It would be easy enough to use sisal rope to lower the suspended toys to a height I can handle.

I have time to ponder. The cage is here a few days early but the assembly will have to wait. I have back and wrist injuries from the tremendous amount of lifting I do daily. I'm trying rest and see if I can get it to heal up a bit.