Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Pro's and Con's of splitting budgies into sexes
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2015, 09:45 PM
FaeryBee (Deborah)
Administrator

State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Enthusiast
Gallery: 0
FaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond repute

Males generally get along very well with other males.

Females often live together with no problems unless one is particularly aggressive.
Jonah (Randy) has two females that are very sweet natured and get along quite well. I have another friend that had two females that did just fine together.
As with all birds, it really depends on the individual birds' personalities.

Lindsey keeps her females and males separated by gender except when splitting them into individual pairs in separate cages for breeding purposes.

I currently have three males that are sharing housing and feel relatively confident they would be receptive to accepting yet another male into their flock.
(Not that I'm planning to get one!)