Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - I went to two trips
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 09:46 AM
despoinaki (Despina)
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 9
despoinaki has a reputation beyond reputedespoinaki has a reputation beyond reputedespoinaki has a reputation beyond reputedespoinaki has a reputation beyond reputedespoinaki has a reputation beyond reputedespoinaki has a reputation beyond reputedespoinaki has a reputation beyond reputedespoinaki has a reputation beyond reputedespoinaki has a reputation beyond reputedespoinaki has a reputation beyond reputedespoinaki has a reputation beyond repute
Default I went to two trips

hey guys! I had gone to two trips recently.. and I have some computer problems so I couldn't upload them. Now I am able to do that from another computer
One trip was to city of Drama, it's not so far from Thessaloniki (150km NE) This city has amazing parks and one of them is the Agia Varvara Park, a great spot with fountains, small lakes and waterfalls, tavernas, an outdoor theatre and leisure venues.
This is the small park

I loved these

statues

Then we went to Agia Varvara park, it was amazing!

The trees' roots are in the water

small waterfall

Duckies!

Some weeks later, we went for a guided tour to Meteora. It's a big complex of Orthodox Monasteries. They are built on natural sandstone rock pillars, at the northwestern edge of the Plain of Thessaly in central Greece. The town built under these big rocks is Kalambaka.
Passing through the city of Kalambaka on the way to Meteora- do you see the rocks?

Going higher

Seeing these rocks made us chill

We visited 2 monasteries- this is Moni Varlaam

Going to the monastery all the way up

Views from the monastery

I wonder how did the monks build these monasteries up there- most of them are from the 11th century

Really liked that

There were many tourists there like us

Then we went to the second monastery, Moni Agiou Stefanou

Lovely monastery

Unfortunately we were not allowed to take photos in the monasteries.I saw this sign outside the second one

View from the second monastery- city of Kalambaka

I got this picture when we were leaving

Then we went to city of Kalambaka

The city hall

Then we saw some signs- there was a old byzantine church close to the rocks, so we went to find it

No, it wasn't this church

I saw these flowers while going up

There it is

views from the church

returning to the bus, I saw an african grey in a restaurant he was a sweetheart!

Next stop was city of Trikala, a river passes through the city

It's been a long time since I saw swans!

Hope you enjoyed it!

Last edited by despoinaki; 11-04-2015 at 09:56 AM.