Thread: Lyn's Tatting
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 04:04 PM
LynandIndigo (LYN)
Member of the Month June 2014

State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Gallery: 15
LynandIndigo has a reputation beyond reputeLynandIndigo has a reputation beyond reputeLynandIndigo has a reputation beyond reputeLynandIndigo has a reputation beyond reputeLynandIndigo has a reputation beyond reputeLynandIndigo has a reputation beyond reputeLynandIndigo has a reputation beyond reputeLynandIndigo has a reputation beyond reputeLynandIndigo has a reputation beyond reputeLynandIndigo has a reputation beyond reputeLynandIndigo has a reputation beyond repute

Pete I am only to happy to make the tatted cross for your mother. My tatting gives me much joy to do and also to share my work with others...
I just know that Petes mother is going to be very surprised when she receives it in the mail as Pete wants to surprise her mum when it comes...

Pete I'll have to get a photo of your mum with the tatting when she receives it..

Tatting is different to crocheting. Tatting is form with knots and loops and is made with a shuttle... If you make a mistake with crocheting you can undo it with tatting you can't undo a mistake you have to cut it off and start all over again.... It takes a really long time to make a doily sometimes it takes me a year to do or two years all depends n the size of the doily etc.. The elderly people use to do tatting. Also tatting is a dying art as not many people do it now....

I haven't done any tatting for over a year... But Pete inspired me to take it up again so I thank Pete for bringing me to do my tatting again. I didn't feel like doing my tatting after I lost my father like all of my hobbies but now as I said Pete got me to do it again.... I am now back doing my slideshows playing piano keyboard plus my tatting...

I am starting a doily today or I may even do another cross for a friend on the form....

I am so happy to make someone else happy it really made me feel really good.... I can't wait till your mum receives the cross Pete she is going to be thrilled... Please let me know when she receives it. The tatted cross will be in the mail today....