Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - I went to two trips
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 06:54 AM
despoinaki (Despina)
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 9
despoinaki has a reputation beyond reputedespoinaki has a reputation beyond reputedespoinaki has a reputation beyond reputedespoinaki has a reputation beyond reputedespoinaki has a reputation beyond reputedespoinaki has a reputation beyond reputedespoinaki has a reputation beyond reputedespoinaki has a reputation beyond reputedespoinaki has a reputation beyond reputedespoinaki has a reputation beyond reputedespoinaki has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedikeet View Post
Very breathtaking photos you take as always, Despina. When it comes to great outdoor and scenic photos, you have no equal. Especially love the photos of the rocky cliffs and I really envy you for frequenting these nice nature trips...and your photos also take us along! BTW, who are the people of those stone statues?
Thank you Nick! These two trips were really great.. I loved Meteora and I am planning on going again next year! Next month maybe we'll go to Turkey.. let's see! These people are supposed to be common people from mid-war times here in Greece, fighting for freedom. On the statue is written "Ενωμένη Εθνική Αντίσταση" that means - united national resistance. Most of the statues here are like this one, in rememberance of greeks' fights against our enemies in Ottoman Empire, WW1 and WW2.

Last edited by despoinaki; 11-10-2015 at 07:00 AM.