Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - A heartfelt plea to forum members new and old
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 08:41 AM
aluz
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Enthusiast
Gallery: 0
aluz has a reputation beyond reputealuz has a reputation beyond reputealuz has a reputation beyond reputealuz has a reputation beyond reputealuz has a reputation beyond reputealuz has a reputation beyond reputealuz has a reputation beyond reputealuz has a reputation beyond reputealuz has a reputation beyond reputealuz has a reputation beyond reputealuz has a reputation beyond repute

I also feel very strongly on this subject. Any responsible pet owner and in this case a true bird lover should always have their beloved birds' best interests at heart.
The primary goal should be to give a loving and safe home for their birds to thrive, to promote a happy, healthy and stress free environment for the pet birds to truly flourish and to actually enjoy all the advantages that come with pet bird ownership. To get to know their personalities, to watch them play and interact with us and their mates, to teach our birdies to trust on us and to see the bond and friendship develop between pet bird and owner.
This is the true joy of pet ownership, to have the friendship, comfort and unconditional love from a much beloved pet.

All of my birds, breeding pairs included are first and foremost my much treasured pets and integral part of my family, just like they accept me in their flock.
We all share a connection of mutual trust and love. This also facilitates the breeding process for obvious reasons.
While I have been breeding budgies for over 20 years, I still consider myself primarily a true bird lover/enthusiast and will always feel this way in my heart.

The heart has to be in the right place when it comes to being a good pet owner and responsible breeder.

RIP sweet Tito (Summer 2008 - January 17th 2013).
You are missed and never will be forgotten.