Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - A heartfelt plea to forum members new and old
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 11:45 AM
ParrotletsRock
Long Term Active Member Award April 2015

Number of Budgies: 6
Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Gallery: 0
ParrotletsRock has a brilliant futureParrotletsRock has a brilliant futureParrotletsRock has a brilliant futureParrotletsRock has a brilliant futureParrotletsRock has a brilliant futureParrotletsRock has a brilliant futureParrotletsRock has a brilliant futureParrotletsRock has a brilliant futureParrotletsRock has a brilliant futureParrotletsRock has a brilliant futureParrotletsRock has a brilliant future

I wholeheartedly agree with this. While I do not breed my budgies I do breed my pair of tiels. My pair (all my birds) are fed a good diet, not just when breeding, but thruout the year. They have big flight cages and plenty of free flight time in the bird room. They are handled daily and are my pets, not my breeders. I allow 1- 2 clutches a year and have a long rest period between clutches. I do not allow them to double clutch. I pull my babies when they are around 3 weeks, however I allow my pair access to the babies when I feed and they actually feed alongside of me... It is funny to see the parents come and eat the formula off of my spoon and then go feed a baby. Handfeeding is not really what I would call fun, although I do very much enjoy it. It is messy and time consuming, and that is when everything goes well... When things go bad it can be heartbreaking. I spend at least 4 hours a day feeding and interacting with my babies when they are smaller, and that does not include cleaning brooders and or cages, dishes or looking after the parents.

Last edited by ParrotletsRock; 12-18-2015 at 02:05 PM.