Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - A heartfelt plea to forum members new and old
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2015, 07:48 AM
Pretty boy (Cathy)
Veteran Budgie
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 0
Pretty boy has a reputation beyond reputePretty boy has a reputation beyond reputePretty boy has a reputation beyond reputePretty boy has a reputation beyond reputePretty boy has a reputation beyond reputePretty boy has a reputation beyond reputePretty boy has a reputation beyond reputePretty boy has a reputation beyond reputePretty boy has a reputation beyond reputePretty boy has a reputation beyond reputePretty boy has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is excellent, and yes I also get frustrated and angry at others stupidity. BUT I myself am guilty of doing the exact act.
I was given two budgies as a present a few years ago, I felt sorry for them so I bought a much larger aviary for them and then added two other budgies. I also added two nest boxes so they could have one each, I was very thoughtful wasn't I?
I desperately began searching for some help when I came across a bloodied and severely injured chick, Budget thankfully survived and is alive today due to this Forum and it's staff., as most of you know he is my precious baby boy who we absolutely love to the moon and back.Sadly another chick didn't survive
I was totally to blame, this is how simple and easy theses situations happen, only the lucky few survive.
I am so thankful that I have learnt to care for and treat my birds with the respect and love they deserve.
Also, many budgies are given to young children who through no fault of their own have the maturity or parents that are willing to help care for and look after the birds as they should be. There needs to be a whole new way of thinking as to giving any animal as a gift.
I purposely only have male budgies now as I do not have the experience or knowledge to care for and raise chicks responsibly.
I am so thankful for this Forum the amount of wisdom that is here for all to share is amazing, Thankyou Deborah for bringing up this topic.