Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Creative with food
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2015, 05:29 AM
Niamhf (Niamh)
Member of the Month June 2015
State:

Gallery: 0
Niamhf has a reputation beyond reputeNiamhf has a reputation beyond reputeNiamhf has a reputation beyond reputeNiamhf has a reputation beyond reputeNiamhf has a reputation beyond reputeNiamhf has a reputation beyond reputeNiamhf has a reputation beyond reputeNiamhf has a reputation beyond reputeNiamhf has a reputation beyond reputeNiamhf has a reputation beyond reputeNiamhf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Creative with food

Hi everyone,

I'm always thinking up creative ideas to introduce vegetables into Noah's diet some work and others he just point blank refuses. I try everything from whole veg to shredded veg to boiled and mashed veg, warm veg, cold veg, cooked veg and raw veg.

He's recently (and finally) started eating raw carrot - I used to only be able to get him to eat that by making mini cupcakes with carrot pieces in it. When he started eating them I knew he liked the carrot but just didn't realise it. However peas are an absolute no no for him - not even in the cupcakes!! Thankfully he is now eating tiny pieces of chopped up raw carrot but each piece has to be hand fed to him!!

Today I decided to juice the veg and give it to him in liquid form as a drink. He absolutely loves celery and nibbles a little bit at kale but is not interested at all in cucumber. So I decided to juice these three vegetables together. He took one sip but didn't bother with it after that. I will keep trying over the next couple of days. I might even pour some into an ice cube dish and make an ice pop for him - he gets ice in his water anyway so he's used to the coldness so perhaps an ice-pop might be nice!

Has anyone any other suggestions?

Last edited by Niamhf; 12-27-2015 at 08:41 AM.