Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noah and Zazu update :D

3K views 28 replies 13 participants last post by  nuxi 
#1 ·
Noah is so funny. When he does his tricks he gets rewarded with one treat for each trick but sometimes I offer him the bowl to choose his own treat and he always grabs 2 or 3 treats :D the treats are usually sunflower seeds but he also does tricks for pellets.

I've just done a whole routine with him and each time I offered a handful of pellets to choose from - he grabbed 5 pellets each time and stuffed them really quickly into his mouth and went off with little chipmunk cheeks!! :D he's such a funny boy :D

Zazu is settling in really well also and has learned how to crack open the sunflower seed :) I'm still giving him crumbled pellets as well as whole pellets with some budgie seed mixed through as he's still only learning how powerful his beak can be. He's testing out veg slowly and so far seems to be okay with carrot. He throws capsicum on the ground and is terrified of anything green!!

He's learning fast though and so far does step up, turn around and plays peek a boo :D

#4 ·
Haha, Noah really knows how to take full advantage of his treats, he really did have to work in order to get them, so why not take multiples! :D

I'm glad Zazu is making good progress too, and surely soon enough he will realize how good and tasty the greens can be. Maybe big brother Noah will set the example and show Zazu how to eat them after quarantine is over. ;)

#8 ·
Noah sounds like one of those trick-or-treating kids that go round the neighbourhood on Halloween and carry pillow cases and instead of taking one or two sweets they take a handful :giggle:

What a cheeky little chicken, I'm sure he'll teach his little brother Zazu just how to do his naughty things :laughing: :rolleyes:

As for Zazu, it sounds like he's settling in wonderfully and I agree that we definitely need pictures as "evidence" :spy: ;)

#18 ·
They are both simply exceptional little fellows!
Noah is such a cheeky little guy -- he always makes me smile. :D

Zazu's coloring is exquisite and I agree with Therm that your video of him shows his colors beautifully.
He's very smart and you are going to have your hands full if (when) he and Noah decide to get into mischief together after quarantine. :laughing1:

#22 ·
Haha Dee there's more than just that strip gone you can see all the top layer peeled away from a huge radius around it and the same (and worse) on another wall. He balances on the tips of his toes and extends his neck out as far as he can reach to peel it off!! It's his masterpiece!! :D

Lol Gigi yes I should be able to paint soon with their colours! :D poor Noah is going through such a bad molt at the moment too dropping his larger feathers and the new ones growing back must be driving him mad because I keep finding layers of keratin dust on the base of his 'ark' right underneath his sleeping perch when I clean him out in the mornings.

#24 ·
They look to be taking to the clicker like fish to water, and oh what beautiful bird's...I'm gonna let you train them for a
couple more months before I birdnap them both....:D

#26 ·
That is what I thought Niamh. What did she mean when he has squirrel cheeks??? I only saw a good birdie doing as asked :D
Zazu is growing up into his beautiful plumage. He is stunning already, they are both lovely thankyou so much for sharing their daily antics with us all .:budgie:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.