Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Genetics Question
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 03:55 PM
atvchick95
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
State:

Gallery: 5
atvchick95 is a fantastic personatvchick95 is a fantastic personatvchick95 is a fantastic personatvchick95 is a fantastic personatvchick95 is a fantastic personatvchick95 is a fantastic personatvchick95 is a fantastic personatvchick95 is a fantastic personatvchick95 is a fantastic personatvchick95 is a fantastic person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guthwulf View Post
Im a bit confused about your question. If the dad is a YF2 dominant pied blue male, he should be a seafoam green colour. Unless he is a double factor dominant pied in which case he would have almost no colouration and appear almost like a creamino (visually at least).

So if he is a double factor dominant pied, and the female albino is masking no dominant pied than ALL your chicks will be single factor dominant pied which would likely produce a band of clear (white) feathering across the mid belly or lower chest and the wings/flight feathers, with the rest of the colour appearing blue (upper chest, back, rump etc)

If a chick was also to inherit YF2 from dad, then the clear band and flights etc would appear yellow, and the rest of the bird would appear seafoam green as you say - there would be no blue due to the mix of blue + yellow = green.

I guess im confused as your post seemed to answer your question? Could you be a bit more specific, or perhaps i answered your question?

p.s unless the father is split for albino, all your male chicks will be split for albino and none of your females will possess the albino gene.

Excellent answer I was going to answer this morning BUT i am no good at genetics lol

But I did want to add / Ask (maybe i'm wrong)

but there are no "green based budgies" there are only white and Yellow Based

I do know with the Yellow Face Type 2's the body color normally doesn't change until maturity So when they're young they dont' look "sea foam Green" they look sky blue