Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - A funny story on Australian Magpies and helmets that remind me of Deb's light.
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 10:46 PM
LynandIndigo (LYN)
Member of the Month June 2014

State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Gallery: 15
LynandIndigo has a reputation beyond reputeLynandIndigo has a reputation beyond reputeLynandIndigo has a reputation beyond reputeLynandIndigo has a reputation beyond reputeLynandIndigo has a reputation beyond reputeLynandIndigo has a reputation beyond reputeLynandIndigo has a reputation beyond reputeLynandIndigo has a reputation beyond reputeLynandIndigo has a reputation beyond reputeLynandIndigo has a reputation beyond reputeLynandIndigo has a reputation beyond repute
Default A funny story on Australian Magpies and helmets that remind me of Deb's light.

When i saw Deb's post on her light with the pegs on it it reminded me of the helmets that Australian people have to put up with when Magpies attack in breeding season. The magpies only do this to protect there young as they think that people on bikes and motor bikes are a threat to them. You also have to be careful when walking past there nest to... It only happens after September... They also attack the poor post man as well... Anyway deb said i can post these photo's for you all to see the strange helmet's that people wear. They do this to protect themselves from the magpies attacking in breeding season.... But the magpie can be a friendly bird when not nesting. I also got attacked by one on the side of the face when i was a teenager but he didn't draw blood thank goodness....

Poor postman he doesn't have sticks hanging out of his helmet.

This magpie was brave to tackle a kangaroo.

Swooping time

Snap Snap there goes the beak again.

This reminded me of Deb's light.

Thanks for stopping by.

Last edited by LynandIndigo; 03-17-2016 at 10:51 PM.