Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - A funny story on Australian Magpies and helmets that remind me of Deb's light.
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2016, 02:35 AM
LynandIndigo (LYN)
Member of the Month June 2014

State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Gallery: 15
LynandIndigo has a reputation beyond reputeLynandIndigo has a reputation beyond reputeLynandIndigo has a reputation beyond reputeLynandIndigo has a reputation beyond reputeLynandIndigo has a reputation beyond reputeLynandIndigo has a reputation beyond reputeLynandIndigo has a reputation beyond reputeLynandIndigo has a reputation beyond reputeLynandIndigo has a reputation beyond reputeLynandIndigo has a reputation beyond reputeLynandIndigo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate C View Post
Luckily I don't have any nesting around me so I don't get attacked. They are very protective of their nesting sites. Some people even put empty plastic ice cream tubs on their heads when walking near nesting Magpies, others paint eyes on the back of their helmets to try to frighten them from attacking. But I do love the orange spikes on the helmet.
We have a set of Magpies that live across the road in the paddock near the nursing home and when they are attacking they chase the postman it is really funny... I don't like the plover's they also live in the paddock across from us to....