Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Wing Pattern Question
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 12:21 AM
acudogmama (Christine)
Mama Bird

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 0
acudogmama is a name known to allacudogmama is a name known to allacudogmama is a name known to allacudogmama is a name known to allacudogmama is a name known to allacudogmama is a name known to all

Thanks ATV~

That helps. I always thought that "greywing" was the same markings as a regular, just grey instead of black. I didn't know that the markings were different. That's why the confusion. I went back and looked at my intro post here, and someone mentioned "spangle" so i was curious...
It doesn't look like your two in the picture have any of their body color on their mantle behind their wings. Puppy has a definate blue between his wings- not a lot, but it's there. Is that because of the pied maybe and not the greywing~?

I understand that even within a color- say skyblue- there can be a wide range of colors... from lighter to darker. So i get confused as to how to tell when a budgie is a full body greywing, just a greywing, and a clearwing. I think i can tell a suffused/dilute budgie because everything is very muted and light... but the other three confuse me a bit.

So, you think that Puppy is just a normal greywing~? So he has the light grey markings and a 50% diluted color~?

btw- beautiful birds~!

A dream is an answer to a question we haven't yet learned how to ask. - Fox Mulder

*Puppy.Mouse.Kitty.*Bunny*.Squirrel.Ducky.Owl.Monk ey.Puffin.Bear.Swan.Turtle.Guppy.Otter.Feta.Bleu*

How I feed my budgies-
https://www.talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=28282