Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - The End of an Era
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2016, 08:23 PM
StarlingWings
Super Moderator // MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2015

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 0
StarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond repute
Default The End of an Era

So I have never used newspaper at the bottom of Mallorn's cage until now.

Before I got her, which is about 4 and a half (!!!) years ago now, I remembered reading somewhere that old phone books were useful to have with birds because big parrots liked ripping them up and the pages were good for lining the bottoms of cages with.

Well, that's what I did. Every time I have ever cleaned her cage since the day I got her, I have used a few pages out of this huge phone book we had gotten in the post days prior. It was like a ritual--wipe down perches and bars with vinegar, tear out phone book pages, repeat.

Just the other day, I tore out the last six pages. It makes me realise how fast time flies--so many memories happened between the pages of that phone book.

There is nothing left but the front cover, the back cover, and some tattered remains between.

Here's the old boy now:

~StarlingWings~
and Princess Mallorn!
Thank you to Deb for her wonderful Faery magic