Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Throat spots and markings and such, oh my!
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2016, 04:38 PM
aluz
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Enthusiast
Gallery: 0
aluz has a reputation beyond reputealuz has a reputation beyond reputealuz has a reputation beyond reputealuz has a reputation beyond reputealuz has a reputation beyond reputealuz has a reputation beyond reputealuz has a reputation beyond reputealuz has a reputation beyond reputealuz has a reputation beyond reputealuz has a reputation beyond reputealuz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Judy,

Generally speaking, budgies of normal mutations will have an even number of throat spots on each side (usually 3 on each side, I'm basing myself from the small pet type budgies), but it's not unusual for them to have less.
My Tito Junior, for example has 2 on each side.
The overall size of the throat spots after the first moult is completed will depend on the bird's heritage/lineage.

It's normal for pied budgies to have irregular throat spots, the number of throat spots can even change depending on the moult, I have had that happen with my recessive pied budgie, Peppy.
The same thing goes for the grey colour on the tip of the wing feathers, that also depends on the moult, sometimes the feathers can come clear, while others will have the greyish colour. The main tail feathers on recessive pieds can also have different colour patters depending on the moult.

And about your Rigby's toy, it would be best to remove the piece of string tied on the end of the toy. I notice it is frayed, so Ribgy has possibly played on it or chewed and in order to avoid digestive problems or one of his nails to be caught it in, it's best to cut the string out.

RIP sweet Tito (Summer 2008 - January 17th 2013).
You are missed and never will be forgotten.