Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Excessive Regurgitation!!
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2016, 08:32 PM
FaeryBee (Deborah)
Administrator

State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Enthusiast
Gallery: 0
FaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond repute

Jill,

Obsessive regurgitation is a serious problem.

Was there a change in Chip's environment that you can think of that might have contributed to the behavior's escalation?

Have you taken him in for a visit to his Avian Vet since he's started this behavior again in the last month?
How much time are you spending with Chip on an individual basis each day?
Will he engage in playing with you when you are present and talking to him?

I truly believe you need an expert opinion from a professional in this matter.
Continually regurgitating may result in a nutritional deficiency, malnutrition, weight loss and overall physical illness.

Are you sprinkling Harrison's High Potency Mash on his seed?
Is he eating vegetables and egg food?

I hope, with the help of the Avian Vet, you will be able to determine and correct this problem before it adversely affects Chip.
He is such a precious little fellow - I just can't stand the thought of him being sick.

Please let us know how things progress.
I'm sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers for Chip's full and complete recovery.