Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Anton Yelchin Charcoal Drawing
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 03:40 PM
Therm
Member of the Month January 2016
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 0
Therm has a reputation beyond reputeTherm has a reputation beyond reputeTherm has a reputation beyond reputeTherm has a reputation beyond reputeTherm has a reputation beyond reputeTherm has a reputation beyond reputeTherm has a reputation beyond reputeTherm has a reputation beyond reputeTherm has a reputation beyond reputeTherm has a reputation beyond reputeTherm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranding View Post
Therm, this is amazing. The detail makes it feel like he's there! Can't say I have seen him, though I've watched lots of Star Trek, but feel like I have

Did you use a charcoal stick or pencil?

Love the way the grain of the paper gives it a very good "face" texture. Congratulations!
I used charcoal pencils. I do have the sticks as well but just find they are too messy. The pencils are bad enough. I'm a messy worker.
Anton was only in the Star Trek reboot movies, playing Ensign Chekov and there's a film coming out called Green Room, I think, he's in with Patrick Stewart.
Besides from Star Trek, I have only watched him in Fright Night as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlingWings View Post
That's a beautiful rendition of Mr. Yelchin, Emma!

Well done
Thank you, Star. I wanted to pay tribute to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aluz View Post
Wow, that's quite impressive, you really excel in these portrait drawings!

While I don't know this actor, from the first picture I am reminded of a young Martin Landau from Space 1999.
Thanks Ana. I added the picture that I based the drawing on. I skipped on the stubble detail in the original because I felt I might ruin it if I attempted stubble like this. I don't like doing men so much as women, mostly because of stubble or facial hair. It's so tricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyjoy View Post
You're very talented. What a lovely way to memorialize him.
Thank you. I was so shocked and sad last week. I'm not sure I'll be ready to see Beyond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedikeet View Post
Ahh, nice drawing and he looks much more mature in your rendering, Emma. He also looks a little like Henry Cavill (Superman) on this print, don't you think?

Anton played a good Ensign Chekov in Star Trek.
Thanks. I keep thinking in the image he looked like Michael Fassbender. It's the eyes (the bottom of this page has the original image). I think having the hair cut out helps in making him look mature. The curly hair always added to his boyish charm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensGryf View Post
Emma, I always love seeing your latest charcoal drawing creations! You know I am your biggest fan of face drawings . The expressions are always amazing, and this latest one is certainly no exception! Again, I have to say wow!
Thank you! I was worried his expression seemed really severe in this but it came out well, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaeryBee View Post
You are extremely talented, Emma and I absolutely LOVE seeing your drawings. This one is awesome!
Thank you, Deb.