Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - What started your interest in birds?
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2016, 07:18 AM
Therm
Member of the Month January 2016

State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 0
Therm has a reputation beyond reputeTherm has a reputation beyond reputeTherm has a reputation beyond reputeTherm has a reputation beyond reputeTherm has a reputation beyond reputeTherm has a reputation beyond reputeTherm has a reputation beyond reputeTherm has a reputation beyond reputeTherm has a reputation beyond reputeTherm has a reputation beyond reputeTherm has a reputation beyond repute

Kaa, Peter for a blue budgie is my favourite!

My Dad had an aviary when I was about 11 I think. He bred budgies, canaries and zebra finches for quite a few years. We had to move and the birds were sold to another breeder.
During the time we have the aviary I had a pet budgie that my Nan and Grandad could no longer keep, called Spike, but he was very old and didn't last very long.
I kept some of the baby budgies as pets for a while after they were weaned but they went back to the aviary once they were mature. There were four of them and we named them Twinkle, Joseph, Arthur and Babe. Twinkle ended up Winkle as it was a boy and Joseph a Josephine.
I didn't have a pet bird for a short time before we ended up getting a cockatiel I named Sid. She was lovely and moved with us from Kent to Lincoln.
Eventually, my brother took Sid (my to brothers kept stealing all our pets when they'd come to visit. We moved up here with 4 cats and a tiel and they took all of them over time!).

After that we had Holly the dog for 10 years and no birds but I saw some doves in a pet shop on holiday one year and I was smitten and my love for birds was reawakened.
Then, last July I decided I would like a bird back in my life.