Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - What started your interest in birds?
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2016, 08:41 AM
SouthernFried (Tiffanie)
Budgie
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 0
SouthernFried is worthy of great admirationSouthernFried is worthy of great admirationSouthernFried is worthy of great admirationSouthernFried is worthy of great admirationSouthernFried is worthy of great admirationSouthernFried is worthy of great admirationSouthernFried is worthy of great admirationSouthernFried is worthy of great admirationSouthernFried is worthy of great admirationSouthernFried is worthy of great admirationSouthernFried is worthy of great admiration

As a kid I always wanted a bird. I knew nothing about bird ownership, but had some underlying desire to have one. My parents absolutely refused to let me have one even through my teen years. I eventually gave up on the whole idea of a pet bird.
After I'd been married a few years the idea was reawakened when I went in to PetSmart to buy dog food. I came home did my research (which meant snooping around TB for months) and then introduced the desire to my husband. He was reluctant. Then Disney's Rio came out and since we had two little girls we all watched it constantly and he agreed I could get a bird. The rest is history. I'll probably never not have a budgie in my life now. My husband isn't a pet person and definitely not a bird person. I told him just the other day I would probably always have budgies for the rest of my life and he rolled his eyes.