Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - What food means "love" to you?
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 01:50 PM
FaeryBee (Deborah)
Administrator

State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Enthusiast
Gallery: 0
FaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond repute

My goodness, Alex is certainly clever to have come up with that reasoning!

It sounds as though your Chicken Noodle Soup and mine are made basically the same way

Do you also make homemade egg noodles to go in it?

At this time in my life, the food that most represents "love" to me would be Indiana Persimmon Pudding.
This is a dessert I grew up with in Indiana and it was a very special treat at both Thanksgiving and Christmas.
It takes a lot of persimmons to get the pulp needed for a pudding as each little persimmon has several rather large seeds in it.
The persimmons have to be washed, stemmed and then run through a colander using a pestle to squish all the pulp down through the little holes. :

Unfortunately, living in Virginia I went many years with no pudding.
I couldn't find any proper persimmon trees here to harvest persimmons which ripen in the fall.

Indiana Persimmons

About three years ago, my sister was visiting and I decided to see if I could find anywhere (in Indiana) that sells and ships persimmon pulp.
(I don't know WHY that never occurred to me prior to then! )

Success! We now are able to order the persimmon pulp needed for making the puddings.

To make up for all the lost years, in addition to Thanksgiving and Christmas, we also have a pudding on my changeling day and my sister's birthday.
Of course I ensure there is some extra in the freezer just in case I can't wait for one of those special events!

Exquisitely delicious Persimmon Pudding!

YUM!!

Last edited by FaeryBee; 08-09-2016 at 02:14 PM.