Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - What food means "love" to you?
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 09:27 PM
Hollen (Leslie)
Hatchling

Number of Budgies: 1
Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Gallery: 0
Hollen has a spectacular auraHollen has a spectacular auraHollen has a spectacular aura

Oh man. We just ate my chicken soup, and now I want dessert! Cinnamon rolls, pastries with sugar and coconut, angel food cake with frosting, marshmallow toast... Yum yum yum.

It's funny- Alex's love food is chicken soup, but like you, Morgan, my mom didn't really cook. My favorite food memories are from my dad. We didn't have much growing up, but we were a close family. I remember when I was 8 or so, my dad took me on a long road trip to visit family. One morning we had to eat breakfast from a gas station where we stopped to fill the car. He told me to pick the healthiest thing. I was mystified. What on earth could I get from a gas station for breakfast that is healthy? He took my little hand and led me to the answer... Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies! It made perfect sense to my 8 year old brain- they have oatmeal! Oatmeal is a healthy breakfast option! To this day, I love them, and I justify the rare occasion that I eat one by reminding myself that they are the healthiest thing in many gas stations

I love reading these memories- I can picture that homemade angel food cake, sticky little cinnamon bun hands on Sunday's, the sweet efforts to bring a favorite cake or make toast. I can just feel the love!

Julie, I think you should get our pot luck Reese's on the East Coast. They might melt in the car otherwise!