Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Meet Moonshine and Mars!
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2016, 09:32 AM
FaeryBee (Deborah)
Administrator

State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Enthusiast
Gallery: 0
FaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
I believe this budgie is a Recessive Pied? And a Male! I think after my earlier confusion about gender I am getting better at this! Thanks again for your help and guidance. I do have one question; I have been taking them in their cage outside for a few hours every day, and besides the usual predatory animals, should I be careful about anything else, like mosquitos or other wild birds landing on their cage? A finch landed on their cage today. I suppose their bodies and poop could have some nasties that my birds can catch.? Maybe I should put them in a shady windwo instead?
Yes, I agree that from the picture Mars appears to be a recessive pied and male.

There is a risk of your budgies catching a possible illness or getting mites from outdoor birds if/when they land your your budgies' cage. If you are right with them and supervising them, perhaps you can simply shoo any finches or other birds away from the cage before they land on it.

Allowing the budgies to have some time in the fresh air and sunshine (be sure one portion of the cage in is the shade) is good because budgies need sunlight for Vitamin D3.
Birds that are not able to have regular sunlight need to have either a full spectrum light for about an hour a day or should be given a Vitamin D supplement.

https://talkbudgies.com/articles-gene...udgie-get.html

https://talkbudgies.com/articles-diet...itamin-d3.html