Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Im so excited got a flight cage yesterday
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2016, 06:59 PM
FaeryBee (Deborah)
Administrator

State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Enthusiast
Gallery: 0
FaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mark --

The mesh seed catcher you have around the bottom 2/3 of the cage probably doesn't help Oz and Charlie feel comfortable going down there to play.

I have large cages and my budgies utilize the entire cage.
If you move the mesh much lower on the cage, put some natural wood perches down lower and move their dish of pellets and water down gradually as Therm recommended, they will begin using that area more.

I also recommend giving them their ration of a high quality seed mix on the newspaper on top of the bottom grate each morning and evening. This encourages them to realize the bottom of the cage has good things!