Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Air purifiers for my budgie room?
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 09:30 AM
MascaraRabbit
Hatchling

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 0
MascaraRabbit is a jewel in the roughMascaraRabbit is a jewel in the roughMascaraRabbit is a jewel in the rough

I've removed the salt lamp. Had no idea that it could potentially harm my budgies. Did some online research to understand why as well. Just upset I didn't know this before. Apparently ionizers trap the debris in the air and make them turn into bigger molecules and these things don't get sucked into the system...rather just fall on the floor or the walls. I'm assuming because birds are much more delicate, breathing in these now larger dust particles would be hazardous.

What I don't get is why they still manufacture these? Apparently the emit ozone as well. Which is also toxic to birds...humans too.

The ones I were looking at were all HEPA and not ionizers but now I'm glad I know to stay away from ionizers in the future.

Thanks to everyone with your suggestions. I'll probably order one sometime this weekend. Have a storm coming tomorrow and must occupy myself with hurricane shutters!