Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Poppy!
Thread: Poppy!
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2016, 07:17 AM
FaeryBee (Deborah)
Administrator

State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Enthusiast
Gallery: 0
FaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond repute

Your little Poppy sounds as if he has a personality very much like my little lovebird Peachy.

Peachy is a very demanding little fellow and wants my undivided attention.
I'm know Peachy would be quite happy being an "only" pet - which is what he was before he came to live with me.

Peachy loves to pull the keys off my laptop. When he tries, I remove him from the keyboard, put him on a little playground next to where I'm sitting and roll one of his "jingle" balls around to distract him.
Generally that will refocus his attention and he'll start playing with the ball instead.
Sometimes though, I have to simply stop typing, pick him up and give him cuddles for a couple of minutes.
Once he's been reassured he has my full undivided attention and love then he's happy to go back to playing on his own.