Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Newly Remodeled Bird Room (lots of pics)
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2016, 04:08 PM
RavensGryf (Julie)
Super Moderator/Member of the Month October 2015

State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Gallery: 0
RavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Newly Remodeled Bird Room (lots of pics)

So after a little home emergency, the bird room has been moved into another bedroom. Freshly cleaned, painted, and all set up now. I just did most of the finishing touches (installing hanging gyms) a couple days ago. I can still add more and change it around a bit, but we'll see. I'm happy with the way it came out . The walls in the pic look mint green like I wanted.. but in reality it is a little darker and bluer than I wanted, but still I think it looks great for the the bird room.

Since now there are 5 birds in here of different species and sizes who all need their out of cage time, it's a pain having to let everyone out in shifts and cover cages. Still, I do what has to be done to keep the ones safe who don't get along.

Here is a shot looking toward the back of the room. Easy going Bronze Winged Pionus parrot Raven in the foreground is modeling his favorite hanging swing, and he thinks this pic of all about 'him' of course .

Griffin is modeling the re-vamped boing.

The set up by the window. Stand, hanging coconuts, and Jolly Ball...

Perch with hanging ladder

At the ends of the perch I drilled holes and installed hooks with stainless steel bell toys.

This part isn't new, but I wanted to show the top of Raven's and Griffin's cages. These huts, the boys like to use as toy boxes. They don't like to stay inside them.

This is Griffin's frog themed top of cage set up. Perfect for him... he not only flies, but leaps everywhere like a little frog

Griffin assumes he's entitled to dad's cereal.. he flew onto the bowl.

Raven and Griffin are best friends. Raven 'was' such a trustworthy good bird, but now is getting more influenced from his smaller, but more outgoing and up-to-no-good buddy, who always tries to encourage Raven to 'try new things' which Raven would never do on his own. Things which aren't necessarily good lol.

My most precious companion animal ever... 22 year old Robin cuddling with dad . I'm not sure yet what I will install above his cage for his play gym. He is the only one with a dome top style cage so it limits possibilities.

For more on the budgies specifically, please check out the last page of their thread. https://talkbudgies.com/budgie-pictur...n-chip-13.html Cute new budgie pics and new play gym set up.

Last edited by RavensGryf; 11-14-2016 at 01:06 PM. Reason: copy link