Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Budgie Christmas Carols
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2016, 09:34 PM
BooksBudgies (Katie)
Young Budgie

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 0
BooksBudgies is a fantastic personBooksBudgies is a fantastic personBooksBudgies is a fantastic personBooksBudgies is a fantastic personBooksBudgies is a fantastic personBooksBudgies is a fantastic personBooksBudgies is a fantastic personBooksBudgies is a fantastic personBooksBudgies is a fantastic personBooksBudgies is a fantastic person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollen View Post
Perhaps you have a younger bird who needs a lesson in manners. This one is to the tune of "Nuttin' for Christmas"...

I pooped right on my Father's chair,
Some budgie snitched on me!

I smeared carrots in my Mother's hair,
Some budgie snitched on me!

I flung my seed's in my Mother's eyes,
Pecked my boy and made him cry,
Broke stuff when I tried to fly,
Some budgie snitched on me!"

Please tell me I'm not the only one losing my mind over here- does anyone else rewrite songs for their pets?
I love Nuttin' for Christmas! It was one of my favorite songs growing up and I'm still listening to it! Just heard it again today, actually. I love, love your parody! The Christmas Tree one was good as well! I sang that song for the Christmas concert with my choir You're not crazy at all for making parodies- I think it just shows how much you care about your little guy! They also made me laugh You should make them into actual songs, I'm sure Budgie people would flock you to buy them (no pun intended)

I definitely make parodies for my pets, though not so much whole songs as little phrases. One I use a lot is "pharaoh pharaoh". I heard it when I was really little and only remember a few phrases. I love how low it gets so it feels great to belt out some low notes (I'm an alto). I change the "pharaoh pharoah, whoa whoa, let my people go" to "Bella, Bella, Whoa, whoa, where'd my socks go?" (Bella is my dog) That's the most consistent one, though I'll just sing random phrases with my animal's names in it. Like, I turned "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas" to "I'm dreaming of a white Tessa." Tessa's my paint horse and she's never white since she's always rolling haha.
"The LORD your God is with you; the mighty One will save you. He will rejoice over you. You will rest in His love; He will sing and be joyful about you." ~Zephaniah 3:17

Offering custom art for sale. PM me for details