Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Big enormous cage
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 02:08 PM
RavensGryf (Julie)
Super Moderator/Member of the Month October 2015

State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Gallery: 0
RavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxie View Post
Ooh this one is great for 6 budgies then!...if i decide to add budgies i will definitely get this cage...how about the paint finish is powdered thing is good?
Remember though, just because 6 budgies will potentially fit in the cage, it doesn't mean that in reality, all 6 individual personalities will get along well enough to live in the same cage.

Also - if some budgies are already established in the cage, there is a good chance that there will be territoriality and potential fighting against the newcomers.

Some other points I can see is - length of the cage is always better than height as far as inside space goes.
Here is another option for a large cage. This is the same style as the one I have for my two budgies. There is a huge amount of width which they enjoy. I love it, although it does take a lot more floor space. https://www.amazon.com/Double-Flight...le+flight+cage Several companies make this style of cage. I'm not sure what is available for delivery in your area.

The more birds you have in any cage, the smaller the cage is going to seem. Especially once you have enough perches and toys in it.

With a maximum number of birds in the same cage, you will notice it will get dirty and in need of cleaning very quickly, and you'll need to keep on top of it daily for sure. Even with my spacious cage and only 2 budgies, it's amazing how much poop they produce on a daily basis!

These are just some things I can think of off the top of my head, regarding filling one cage with a maximum number of birds, or planning to 'add' the the same cage. Better to have more than one cage when you have multiple birds.