View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 05:52 PM
Clevergirl
Egg

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Gallery: 0
Clevergirl is on a distinguished road
Default Worried about nutrition

I took Jester to a well bird visit over the holiday to a recommended vet and she didn't take the trip well at all. I liked them well enough but she was so upset that it was difficult for them to do much with her. She is an apparently healthy little bird who still needs her nails trimmed but we didn't want to upset her longer then needed that day.
The only food she will eat is Vitakraft Menu Vitamin Fortified Parakeet food and of course millet. Giving her fresh food results in complete panic. She will happily play with or ignore food items placed on her bead skewer that she loves until it squishes or she tastes it then she goes into a fear flight. Mixing them with millet or her food causes the same reaction. Swapping a bit of banana for the millet I was feeding her on her gym nearly made her go facehugger on me in her determination to flee. If I leave the offending scary thing in her space she will eventually go back to ignoring it but she won't touch it. Jester is completely fine after about ten minutes with new toys and perches. She seems very curious about everything except food. Now that she is molting again I am worried that she isn't getting everything she needs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017-01-02 21.13.32.jpg (64.8 KB, 21 views)