Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Worried about nutrition
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 06:05 PM
FaeryBee (Deborah)
Administrator

State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Enthusiast
Gallery: 0
FaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond repute

She certainly is a pretty little girl!

Does Jester seem interested in what you are doing when you are with her? If so, you could try nibbling on a vegetable, making excited happy noises to see if that piques her curiosity.

Have you made any effort to get her to eat pellets?

When I introduced pellets to my budgie, my Avian Vet recommended using Harrison's High Potency Mash and sprinkling it on the budgie's seed mix every day. This way, when the budgie hulls the seed it tastes the pellet mash and ingests bits of it as well. This helps the budgie identify the taste as a food source. The mash will have nutrients your budgie may be missing in eating only the seed mix so it may be worth a try for you.

Best wishes!