Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - How to get Tommy to accept steel dishes
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 01:43 PM
sr331033 (Sarah)
Hatchling
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 0
sr331033 has a spectacular aurasr331033 has a spectacular aurasr331033 has a spectacular aura
Question How to get Tommy to accept steel dishes

Hey everyone,
I want Tommy to have the very best, and I feel that the plastic dishes he came with are not as good as the stainless steel ones that come with the cage I have him in. However, I'm having trouble convincing him of that.

He will drink his water out of one, but with his food (Pellets, seeds, treats, anything) he won't touch it! I put millet by it to entice him and he stands on the side of the cage to eat the millet until it falls into the dish, but then he won't eat it again.

What else can I do to encourage him to use these dishes? I put a plastic one in too when I noticed he was only eating his treat sticks, but again where it is porous I don't want to use them longterm.

Do you think if I found smaller (5oz) SS dishes that might do the trick? I appreciate any advice you can give! And also where I can order 5oz SS dishes would be great!

Sarah