Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Been gone for a while
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 08:57 AM
PoukieBear (Michelle)

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Enthusiast
Gallery: 7
PoukieBear is a fantastic personPoukieBear is a fantastic personPoukieBear is a fantastic personPoukieBear is a fantastic personPoukieBear is a fantastic personPoukieBear is a fantastic personPoukieBear is a fantastic personPoukieBear is a fantastic personPoukieBear is a fantastic person
Default Been gone for a while

I haven't forgotten about any of you! I've just been really really REALLY busy!

I had family visiting from out of town for a week, which took up a lot of time and effort....and honestly it was mentally draining. lol

My beautiful cousin got married as well, so I had been busy helping her with last minute preparations. It was a beautiful celebration, and she couldn't have been happier!

And the most recent drama happened last week. My husband and I stood outside with our best friends for 6 hours last weekend, watching their apartment complex burn down. (I know that's not lighthearted and cheery for this forum, but it does get better!)

Thankfully, no one was injured, and all the pets were rescued as well ! The firemen and women were amazing, one of them even went back in to rescue a beloved teddy bear for a very upset little boy.

Our friends were lucky enough to be placed in a new appartment, right across the street from us! So I've been working my butt off to gather the essentials for them, so they can at least eat, sleep, and shower in their new place.

Out of such a tragedy, it's amazing to see the generosity of people wanting to help out. Our friends have been overwhelmed with what has happened to them, and also overwhelmed with the outpouring of support they have received.

My faith in humanity has never been stronger!

And in birdie news, I have three pairs sitting on eggs right now I'll start posting pictures once the eggs start hatching.