Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Cory has became an angel
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 10:10 AM
violetskyblue (Ally)
Hatchling
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 0
violetskyblue has a spectacular auravioletskyblue has a spectacular auravioletskyblue has a spectacular aura
Default Cory has became an angel

Unfortunately, after getting severely sick twice for no apparent reason and seemed to be recovered fully after that, Cory has reached the rainbow bridge. After the second recovery with crop wash and faeces samples resulting negative in any type of infection, he seemed to be fine but I have asked to do further tests to understand why that has happened and how to prevent it from happening again. A few weeks passed after we got the appointment and he looked indeed healed, active and singing all along and everything seemed fine. Even the vet, the day before he passed away, thought he looked healthy and chirping but did further tests to understand the cause that brought him getting so sick that he almost died last month, as when that happened he was too weak to do anything other than crop washing (and even then they told us to be prepared, as he could have died while doing that). CT Scan, Blood test and Faeces samples were taken that day and no anaesthetic was required as he was such a good boy. We were supposed to get the results on Friday the 17th of March. Unfortunately the day after the tests he started to look very sick again and died in my arms a little bit after midnight, taking his last breath the same day we were supposed to get the results.

It came out that he has a heart anomaly that seems to be rare in small birds and probably got worse when he got sick the first time. His heart failed and there was nothing to do. His departure devastated me and he will be deeply missed.

Cory Pippi 13th July 2013 - 17th March 2017 R.I.P