Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - very loud budgie?
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 11:05 AM
carmio (Caroline)

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Gallery: 0
carmio is on a distinguished road
Default very loud budgie?

My budgie Bob is a very calm and very sweet bird most of the time, but during the time from around 10am till 5-6pm he will not tolerate me watching tv or listening to music near him, he doesn't like it when I talk on the phone either. I know hes supposed to make noise, but I find it weird that its only in this period of time, and its not like hes making nice noises, its like yelling very loudly. After 6pm though, he will happily let me watch tv without reacting to it with very loud noises, it will only be him singing or chirping.
I'm not sure if this is normal, but I do know that I don't enjoy this very loud noise, as it gives me a headache.

Is this normal, acceptable behaviour? I can't exactly scold him for this screaming, so I try to ignore it.
One thing that comes to mind is that he might be very restless, as he has not really been out of his cage since I got him in january. This is because he isnt fully comfortable around me, and I find it hard to get him back in his cage. I did try to let him out once, but it became very traumatic for me and him when I had to get him back in the cage. In the end I unfortunately had to catch him with a towel, which both me and him didnt enjoy.