Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - What to line my cage with?
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 04:57 PM
JRS (Julia)
Exceptional Service Award August 2017
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 0
JRS has a reputation beyond reputeJRS has a reputation beyond reputeJRS has a reputation beyond reputeJRS has a reputation beyond reputeJRS has a reputation beyond reputeJRS has a reputation beyond reputeJRS has a reputation beyond reputeJRS has a reputation beyond reputeJRS has a reputation beyond reputeJRS has a reputation beyond reputeJRS has a reputation beyond repute

I have a large vision cage for my canary.
I use it without the grate, but bought this item:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vision-Pape...ion+cage+paper
TBH, its expensive for what it is - basically a cardboard template of the bottom of the cage that is only laminated on the top side and therefore won't last very long used as intended.
I only use it as a template for cutting newspaper but I'm so glad I have it. I can be a bit of a neat freak, so I'll draw around that template on an opened newspaper, cut out the shape and then remove the newspaper staples. The cage is too long for one sheet, it takes two that overlap in the centre. I'll then layer the sheets on top of each other (numbering the first few, to warn me I'm nearly at the bottom) and I don't use the grate. It means that in the mornings, I can just open the little end door, take out the seed bowl and then take out the top layer of paper leaving a clean one below.
You could still use the grate, but would be a bit of a faff lifting the cage on and off daily to remove the newspaper...... maybe you could just remove the seed cup at one end, lift up the grate at that end and have enough space to remove paper beneath it without having to detach the base?