Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - If you were asked to breed for a locally owned pet store, what would your response be
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 04:02 AM
Therm
Member of the Month January 2016
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 0
Therm has a reputation beyond reputeTherm has a reputation beyond reputeTherm has a reputation beyond reputeTherm has a reputation beyond reputeTherm has a reputation beyond reputeTherm has a reputation beyond reputeTherm has a reputation beyond reputeTherm has a reputation beyond reputeTherm has a reputation beyond reputeTherm has a reputation beyond reputeTherm has a reputation beyond repute

Local small businesses are better than big brand pet stores.
The chances of someone buying a budgie and not wanting it in the future sadly don't change regarding where they come from.

One of the local pet shops I had used before had a form you had to fill out when ever anyone purchased an animal from them.
It was to say you had checked the animal and pretty much it was to stop them getting into any issues should you try and claim any harm or damage came to you from an animal bought by them, which was smart enough.
Yet, despite their policies, I still found their pet bird (specifically budgies) care questionable and found they were incredibly unhelpful when confronted about it.

So, although a place can look very good on the surface, they can still fail to meet your own requirements. You also have to remember that most stores aren't going to have the same standards as true bird lovers have.

If I were breeding, I would be happy to go with this arrangement, if I knew it was a well respected pet shop that I felt happy with and if I were going to sell them anyway.

Last edited by Therm; 06-02-2017 at 10:40 AM.