Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Tame but not bonded!
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 02:26 PM
RavensGryf (Julie)
Super Moderator/Member of the Month October 2015

State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Gallery: 0
RavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond repute

With the exception of one of my parrots, none of my birds are bonded to me. But some are 'friendly and tame'. They enjoy my company and want to hang out next to me when they feel like it, and maybe get an occasional neck scratch, kind of how Deborah mentioned her birds are.

There is no harm in trying the methods in the links Deborah provided above, but not all birds are interested in having a close "bond" with a human no matter what we do, and you can't make them be if the individual doesn't want that. To our disappointment sometimes, birds just aren't like a domestic companion animal like a dog would be . The ones who are, are exceptionally special.