Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Not preening vent properly and oil build up at uropygial gland
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 04:50 PM
PetiteLola (Mireille)
Hatchling
State:

Number of Budgies: 2
Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Gallery: 0
PetiteLola will become famous soon enough

Sorry Deb, I have a friend with the same name as you that I call Debbie all the time.

As previously mentionned, I will take her to the avian vet. I know that all I am getting here are opinions, but that's what I need/want until I take her to her appointment.

I want to know if any of you guys have experienced or seen something like this. The preen oil is what got me worried the most.

I've looked online for about 6 hours if not more to try to find pictures of birds with similar things and found nothing.

Nothing on the preen oil buildup and no one writing about a similar situation.

About the vent poop, I've read or seen somewhat similar, but not quite.

She doesn't have diarrhea, eats and drinks normally. It's been going on for about a year, her behavious never changed.

She's old, and she doesn't stand as straight as she used to, so I figured that her vent being dirty was linked to her probably having arthrosis and not being able to reach as well to clean it.

When she had eggshell stuck, it made her really sick and quickly. She had no poop vent thing. I understand how it could still be related and have completly different symptoms. But I just didn't think there was really anything to worry about until now.