Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Introducing Lemon Drop!
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 12:59 PM
Goldenwing
Young Budgie

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Gallery: 0
Goldenwing will become famous soon enoughGoldenwing will become famous soon enough
Post Introducing Lemon Drop!

Hello Birdy Lovers!

I just met my new friend Lemon Drop two weeks ago. We are still getting used to each other, but have discovered that we both like to sing.

I found this forum and have been impressed by the quality of information here and the helpfulness of everyone. I got my bird somewhat impulsively and have been reading many books, articles and websites since then. I have already made lots of mistakes, but I am trying to keep learning. I got Lemon Drop from a big box store , but she was housed by herself (there were 1-3 budgies in the cages or aviaries), was clean, and had room to fly a little in her cage. I had her checked out by the vet, and she received a clean bill of health!

I got really lucky with my bird. She is very sweet (like her name!), talkative, and already bonding with me. I started trying to hand-tame her already. I discovered that I should have waited longer to try. We are going slowly though, and she is getting more and more adventurous about perching near me during free flight time. She greets me when I come home and begs to play with me.

Last edited by Goldenwing; 10-04-2017 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Adding pictures