Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - [Toys] I wonder if this cute toy is safe for budgies
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 11:51 AM
Jo Ann (Jo Ann)
Member of the Year 2016//Exceptional Service Award August 2016//MOTM May 2013

State:

Gallery: 0
Jo Ann has a reputation beyond reputeJo Ann has a reputation beyond reputeJo Ann has a reputation beyond reputeJo Ann has a reputation beyond reputeJo Ann has a reputation beyond reputeJo Ann has a reputation beyond reputeJo Ann has a reputation beyond reputeJo Ann has a reputation beyond reputeJo Ann has a reputation beyond reputeJo Ann has a reputation beyond reputeJo Ann has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Safe???

Even the toy on amazon has issues. Our birds have enjoyed pulling the paper threads and scattering them all over their home cage for more than 10 years.
This totals several hundred budgies and other grass parakeets. Yes, the potentials are present, and we only place them in supervised cages. Our little guys love to play with this toy and we have had "0" problems. I would not put it in a nest box cage or a large walk in flight, It is so worth the giggles and laughs while watching the adventures. I would suggest an alternative. Place the toy in the cage only when a responsible adult is available and then remove the toy and shredded paper until the next time. This will also keep the toy as a fresh experience. For us, this toy has brought many happy hours sharing with our budgies.

Blessings,
Jo Ann

Thanks for the signature FaeryBee