Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarification

848 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  FaeryBee 
#1 ·
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I haven't been able to find anything specifically other than the pinned article on screeching.

Puck has started doing this repetitive sharp loud sound, it's not quite an "ack" but more like a tweet?

He sometimes flies around the cage with it, but mostly he just chills on his perch. Is this just normal budgie noise, or is he upset? I've only had him for two days now, so I'm probably just being overly fretful.

#2 ·
Probably a flock call from the sound of it.

If he's gone from being around other birds to being solo it can be a bit of an adjustment.
You can try having some quiet music or TV on and he might chirp along to that instead.
Either way, it's a pretty common budgie noise and nothing to be alarmed about.

I got Eve last February and she does a really sharp flock call. All the birds are in the same room and she does it just for the same of it.

#3 ·
That makes sense! Thank you! I put on some music for him and some budgie sound videos and he changed to just chattering and playing with toys. I don't mind his sounds at all, I just didn't want him to be upset.

#5 ·
I just found an article here in the forums that said they also tend to cry out like that when they hear water because it's instinct. I was playing a video game where there was a waterfall/river running, so that helped answer the question, too, haha.

I just wanna be a good bird mom, haha.

#9 ·
Thanks, that's comforting to know it's just a budgie thing. I think I feel bad he's in there by himself without a buddy, but I wanted to be more familiar with keeping them and taking care of them before I had more than one.

#10 ·
Many budgies are quite happy as a solo bird, especially if the owner is able to interact with them regularly on a daily basis.

I would not recommend even thinking about getting an additional budgie for a minimum of six months time.

You need time for Puck to settle into his new home and for you to get to know his temperament and feel confident in giving him the best of care.

Each day is a journey.
Enjoy the small things along the way.

Best wishes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.