Thread: Budgie behavior
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 04:59 PM
iHeartPieds
Member Spotlight Award Recipient
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Gallery: 0
iHeartPieds is a glorious beacon of lightiHeartPieds is a glorious beacon of lightiHeartPieds is a glorious beacon of lightiHeartPieds is a glorious beacon of lightiHeartPieds is a glorious beacon of lightiHeartPieds is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrieberry View Post
Hello. One other question I forgot to ask was about them bathing. My cockatiel I had when I was growing up would take a bath in her water bowl. I never see my 2 near the water bowl. Are they drinking at night while I sleep and will they try to bath that way? If so do they not bath during certain seasons?. I know it's winter so I would expect not. Wondered if I should be misting them. They are very active and healthy birds, just never see them drinking. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Budgies tend to be very sneaky and drink small amounts very quickly. As long as they are eating and pooping normally then they are drinking as well.

Budgies do not need to be bathed. You could see if they like to be misted, using a spray bottle and spray above them so the mist falls down on them. Some budgies like bathing, some don't.