Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Enjoying head brushing but suddenly bites
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 09:15 AM
FaeryBee (Deborah)
Administrator

State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Enthusiast
Gallery: 0
FaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond repute

Budgies have no real way to express their displeasure with something without biting.

There is no real way for us to know which scenario caused Archie's reaction.

The music skipping may have resulted in Archie being startled which caused his reaction of biting.

However, it's just as likely that you hit a pin feather when rubbing his head that hurt when you rubbed against it.
(I rub my lovebird's head/neck and anytime I hit a pinfeather in a way that causes him discomfort he lets me know by biting!)

When Archie is happy having his head rubbed, then you can accommodate him. If he starts to pull away, then stop and let him have some space.

Solo birds whose owners are unable to run their heads' pin-feathers take care of them on their own by rubbing their head against toys, perches, parts of the cage and scratching.

You can offer Archie a shallow dish of water to see if he'd like to bathe.

Additionally, some budgies enjoy being very lightly misted with room temperature water.
Do NOT squirt the water directly on the budgie.
Aim it up into the air and let the water mist settle down over the budgie gently.
You should be able to easily tell if he likes it or doesn't want any part of it.